coming home to yourself in motherhood

United States

There was a time when I believed that finding myself again meant going back to who I was before I became a mom.

I missed the version of me who had hobbies without guilt.
Who could finish a cup of coffee while it was still hot.
Who could sit in silence without wondering what needed to be cleaned, folded, or remembered.

Maybe you’ve felt that too.

Motherhood has a beautiful way of changing us.

But somewhere between caring for everyone else, we often stop asking ourselves one simple question.

How am I doing?

Not as a mother.

Not as a wife.

Not as the one who keeps the household running.

Just…

How am I?

For a long time, I thought “finding myself again” meant becoming the woman I was before children.

Now I think it means something different.

Maybe we were never meant to go backward.

Maybe motherhood wasn’t the end of who we were.

Maybe it was the beginning of someone new.

The woman I’m becoming still loves slow mornings.

She still feels most at peace with a warm mug in her hands and music playing softly in the background.

She still dreams.

She still creates.

She still deserves rest.

She just carries more now.

I’ve realized that coming home to myself doesn’t happen during a weekend getaway or after everything on my to-do list is finished.

It happens in ordinary moments.

Five quiet minutes before the house wakes up.

Putting on pajamas that make me feel comfortable instead of simply grabbing whatever is clean.

Listening to a favorite song while I make breakfast.

Lighting a candle after everyone goes to bed.

Sitting with my thoughts instead of reaching for my phone.

These moments don’t make motherhood easier.

But they remind me that I still exist within it.

Maybe that’s what coming home to yourself really looks like.

Not escaping motherhood.

But finding pieces of yourself inside it.

So if you’ve been feeling a little lost lately…

This is your reminder.

You don’t have to become the woman you were before.

You only have to keep making space for the woman you’re becoming.

One quiet moment at a time.

xo, christina


✿ A Gentle Reminder for Today

Instead of asking yourself…

“Did I get everything done today?”

Try asking…

  • Did I drink enough water?
  • Did I take one deep breath today?
  • Did I smile?
  • Did I rest, even for five minutes?
  • Did I speak to myself with kindness?
  • What made me feel like me today?

Sometimes those are the questions that matter most.


✿ Free Printable

Coming home to yourself checklist download



ꕤ There is beauty in doing things gently—in the way you love, the way you rest, the way you begin again ꕤ
i am christina xo ✿