Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Stand out in Velvet


Let's do a little catching up

I know its been a while since I posted a new blog, but I want to give you an update on what's been happening with me. For the month of January I had the opportunity to work on so many graphic design projects that I barely had any time to do anything else, and for that I am grateful. Projects varied from logo deigns for new and upcoming businesses to van wrap designs! I've never done a van wrap design before so I excited to see how it turns out after being printed and applied. Whats better than seeing your work drive past you on any given day? Its one thing to view them on my screen and social media, but its so much more gratifying when you see it printed; whether it be a newspaper ad or a business card. I honestly can't wait to see what is in store for me as each month rolls in. It feels good to be busy and I count it as a blessing everyday.

Outfit details

Now that we have caught up, we can move on to my favorite topic 'outfit details'! Below is my first photo shoot for the year!! I'm so happy that the pictures turned out the way they did. My goal is always for my pictures to be more smooth, light/ airy and clean. I interpret that as meaning getting more whites and less greys in the photos. As a result you'll see a change on Instagram but it wont be drastic. The biggest change you man notice is a change in the filter I've been using so my pictures can be less saturated. 

This outfit was influenced by Kourtney Kardashian's outfit. After searching styles on Pinterest I came across an outfit she was wearing with a velvet jumpsuit. I thought the outfit was so effortless but still so stylish. I went on the hunt for a velvet pant and found one at a free clothing drive which was unbelievable. My velvet pants are high waisted with no buttons with an elastic waist band and great quality. Most times these types of pants don't flatter me but these ones hugged my body in all the right places as if it was made just for me. I paired it with a top I also thrifted. The top is semi transparent and has a beautifully detailed line pattern with a ruffle neck. The ruffle neck is my favorite part! I recently purchased some stiletto booties from Rainbow Shops and paired it with the outfit. So this is my remake of the velvet look.





TOP & PANTS: THRIFTED
BOOTIES: RAINBOWSHOPS
BAG: FOREVER21

Photography by: Nikita Williamson

Instagram

I AM CHRISTINA . Theme by STS.