Pittsburgh, PA, USA

twenty-7



















27 and feeling it.

Two years ago I started a birthday series. For my 25th birthday (twenty-5) I did a photoshoot that was inspired by "flowers in my hair" I could remember wanting to do so many other things... like buying big balloons that said 25 and wearing a crown that had a happy birthday, but I didn't feel like that was me. So I created a series based on the symbolism of flowers. When it was time for me to create twenty-6 I was beyond inspired! I used materials that symbolized something special for me and created pieces that spoke to how I felt in my life during that time. I used many mediums like photoshop, paint, metal, paper, balloons, and flowers.


As I get older it's becoming less about parties, gifts, and cakes and more about reflecting on past years and looking forward to my future! I am so grateful that I was able to accomplish so many dreams and goals with God's help and I can't wait to see what else He has in store for me! 

For twenty-7 I wanted to experiment with the idea of raw unedited photos, hence the use of a polaroid camera. My idea was to show real imperfections and to explore the reality that sometimes we only get 1 chance to capture the great moments in our lives. I think there is added meaning when you can shoot an image and get the physical results right away. Raw, unfiltered, and untouched. The goal was to show exactly what we saw, with no filters or alterations in any way.


My husband and I, took the pictures in Washington DC a week before my birthday, to make use of the long Labor day weekend.




Instagram

I AM CHRISTINA . Theme by STS.